GROOVE CRUISE ANNOUNCES THEIR END OF SUMMER VIRTUAL SAIL AWAYS LIVE STREAM EVENT WITH BOTH DJ AND LIVE PERFORMANCES. COMING AUGUST 21-23, 2020. HEADLINING TALENT MARKUS SCHULZ, MORGAN PAGE, NIFRA, EMMA HEWITT, AND MANY MORE WILL BE SEEN ON THEIR TWITCH CHANNEL! THE LAST MASSIVE 3-DAY EVENT SAW OVER 100,000 VIEWERS AND ONE OF THEIR NIGHT SWIM AFTER HOURS WENT FOR 24 HOURS.
The world’s largest floating electronic music festival returns for an end of summer massive live stream event with over 30+ artists and performers.
Whet Travel, the leader in independent music cruise experiences, reveals their next Groove Cruise Virtual Sail Aways Live end of summer event coming the weekend of August 21-23, 2020. With a global music community that is vast beyond words, 30+ DJs and vocalists, from all over the world, will be performing all live sets thanks to their super-tech hub in FL. Atop the electronic music acts and acoustic sets, will be live mixed visuals, alongside this their Night Swim After Hours have now earned a reputation for going all night long — their most recent stream saw a 24+ hour after hours session. Viewers will be able to donate for rewards on the Groove Cruise Twitch to help both artists performing and the Whet Foundation; also known as Whet Travel’s 501c3 nonprofit that focuses on giving back to those facing hardships and creates exciting experiences for underprivileged children in South Florida, the Caribbean and Mexico.
Festivities will kick off on Friday, August 21, 2020, and the weekend will see headlining talent from the likes of Markus Schulz, Morgan Page, Nifra, Emma Hewitt, and many more! The Groove Cruise Virtual Sail Aways events hold themselves at a high standard as all performances on the platform are performed and streamed live; even including donation incentives like free Groove Cruise merchandise, Artist Activities, and backstage experiences aboard their upcoming Miami sailing Jan 7-11, 2021! Groove Cruise’s previous virtual extravaganza saw over 100,000 viewers across all platforms, their main one being the Groove Cruise twitch channel. Their team has expressed nothing, but excitement to give their music loving community a good time and more support during these hard times.
This online music festival will also feature Whet Travel’s interactive WhetZoom video chat room for viewers to watch, dance, and donate together, simulating an in person Groove Cruise sailing. Up to 500 #GCFAM are able to video chat, dance, and enjoy on the platform. This feature is special because it gives viewers a truly human connection and an essential interaction alongside the show. The WhetZoom screen window will be featured during the livestream so everyone watching will be able to see the charity celebration.
Features of the Groove Cruise Virtual Sail Aways end of summer weekend live stream event in benefit to the performing artists and Whet Foundation include:
- WHO: Anyone interested in donating to help support the incredible talent performing or the Whet Foundation will be able to during the stream for rewards and prizes such as GC merchandise, Artist Activities, and backstage experiences during their next Miami sailing Jan 7-11, 2021.
- WHAT: This live stream event will feature artists from all over the world, performing from locations such as Amsterdam, Australia, London, Miami, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and more; plus live visuals will be added to simulate a real in-person show. The Whet Foundation is a 501c3 that was started 8 years ago and all donations are tax deductible.
- WHERE: The Groove Cruise Twitch will be the main hub and where donations will be collected. It will also go live on Groove Cruise Facebook, Youtube, Zoom and Instagram pages, and we will also go live on artist, media and partner pages, such as EVR Worldwide, to generate more exposure and donations.
- WHEN: August 21-23, 2020 for approximately 11 hours per day.
- WHY: What’s important during this time is supporting the people who make up our diverse community; giving back to both the artists who represent Groove Cruise, the Captains who make up our Groove Cruise Family, and to those underprivileged who we are able to extend a hand to is the only thing that makes sense for us during the pandemic and aboard our music cruise experiences.
- HOW: Our tech team has been online streaming collectively for over 20 years and will be having all streams from artist homes going into their mega-center in Florida with added live visuals and then out to the world across all Groove Cruise, artist, and media channels.
About Whet Travel
For the past 16 years, Whet Travel has curated and produced more half-and full-ship music cruises than any other independent company. Partnering with some of the cruise industry’s most recognized and trusted brands, the revolutionary company has executed more than 50 wildly successful events including Groove Cruise, Motorboat, Zen Cruise, Salsa Cruise, and Groove Island, among others. Innovators since their launch in 2004, Whet Travel was named Inc. Magazine’s No. 4 fastest-growing travel company in the country, has won the prestigious “Charter Partner of the Year” award from Carnival and Norwegian Cruise Lines, and has been featured in USA Today, Billboard, Forbes, and more.
About Groove Cruise
What started in 2004 as a group of 125 thrill-seeking house-heads (led by founder Jason Beukema) sailing on a cruise together has erupted into the world’s first and largest floating dance music festival. Groove Cruise is the only music cruise to sail from both East and West coasts, and is a non-stop experience comprised of four straight days of beach, pool and theme parties, great food, EDM and luxurious destination parties. In addition to the standard cruise amenities, there are also artist activities, yoga classes (often paired with deep house), costume parties, and various onboard events that rival the best dance music festivals in the world. Groove Cruise is produced by Whet Travel.
About the Whet Foundation
The Whet Foundation is a Florida based 501c3 organization that offers grass roots disaster relief for those experiencing hardships and creates exciting experiences for underprivileged children in South Florida, the Caribbean and Mexico. Through our Community Captains and Destination Donation programs, we strive to excite the lives of those less fortunate in a fun and engaging way while positively affecting an entire generation.